This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Server connection failed: Connection timed out

jakesanchard

Yesterday I tried to host a private Murmur Server for me and my friends. But we all keep getting this error message: Server connection failed: Connection timed out. I can't even connect to my own server.

I have the correct port forwarded and checked it using this website http://www.canyouseeme.org/ and the SuperUser and password has been set after following this guide http://mumble.sourceforge.net/Murmurguide#Starting_Murmur.

I am running the latest version, version 1.2.3a on both Murmur and Mumble. I have Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. I am also successfully hosting a Minecraft server if that has anything to do with it but my bandwidth is more than enough to host both.

I suggested Mumble as a better alternative to Steam VoIP but I may have to eat those words now :lol:

• Administrators

You don’t have to eat your words, you were right after all.

Did you try to connect via localhost? To ensure it is running and connectable, as you expect, on the port you expect?

Then you could extend it to your LAN-IP, and see if that works.

If it does, to your internet IP.

You don’t have to eat your words, you were right after all.

Did you try to connect via localhost? To ensure it is running and connectable, as you expect, on the port you expect?

Then you could extend it to your LAN-IP, and see if that works.

If it does, to your internet IP.

I tried to connect via localhost, 127.0.0.1 and my external IP and I get the error message from above. I tried connecting on my laptop on the LAN and I get the same error as above.