This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Server connection failed: Connection timed out

geoffreycz

Hi,

I have a problem with connecting on my guild's mumble server. I am getting this error message: Server connection failed: Connection timed out. I checked both the IP and the port, tried to turn off my antivirus and firewall (i am using comodo) and nothing helps.

Anybody know what to do? Thanks

PS: Sorry for my english

I can connect only to small number of servers. And other people have absolutely no problem with connecting.

EDIT: I think it is problem with my router. I searched the web and found very little help but on only thing I found was something with port forwarding. My router doesn't support that. Is there any way how I can forward my port and if it is, how? My router is OvisLink eLive IP-3047.

• Administrators

You do not need (manual/configurable) port forwarding to connect to servers which are hosted elsewhere/externally.

Try disabling QoS in Mumbles settings. Maybe your router blocks packages with QoS.