This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Turn Mumble volume down

benmrii

I'm not trying to stoke the fire of the (@#%^&%!#@#!$#^%^$%!@#!@) odd decision to not allow us to adjust individual volumes, but... well, I consider myself a generally savvy computer user, but for the life of my I can't find the general volume control for all of Mumble. As in: how do I turn down the program?

• Administrators

So you’re talking about decreasing the output volume?

(That’s important to differentiate from the input volume(s).)

You can either go into Mumbles settings, enable advanced mode (bottom left in the settings window), select Audio Output, and adjust the Volume slider in the Audio Output group,

or use your systems audio controls; the Windows WASAPI volume mixer for example lists Mumble as an individual program, so you can adjust the volume separately from other programs there.

• 2 weeks later...