This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

[Solved] Push-To-Talk toggle?

swiftfinch

So I'm trying to use push-to-talk, but I don't like having to hold the button down to transmit. Is there any way to toggle voice transmittance on and off, essentially a mix between push-to-talk and continuous? I was thinking I could just bind continuous to my ptt button, but that's not possible as a shortcut option. Is this possible?

• Administrators

In Mumbles settings, Audio Input, when Push To Talk is selected as Transmit method, then there is a slider setting for DoublePush Time which allows you to select a delay for double PTT, which when noticed locks your PTT-state.

So instead of tab-holding your PTT key you would double-tab your PTT key to lock it in.

• 3 years later...