Mumble forums

multi instances of murmur on linux

magoogle

Hey guys, ive been googling all day and i cant find out how to correctly run multible instances of murmur on my ubuntu 12.04 server. is there some type of command specificly for multi servers? i tried just directing to a different dbase and ini file but then i checked the listen status on my net and it never opened the requested port so i assume i didnt start it correctly.. ideas?

• Administrators

You can either start a new process instance with its own ini and sqlite db, binding to a different port.

Or the preferred way: Start a new virtual server instance in your already runnning murmur process instance.

The preferred way is to use a web interface which connects via Ice to your server. You can then start new instances through the click of a button.

See http://mumble.sourceforge.net/Running_Murmur#Advanced_Configuration_and_Administration

hi,

You can also use my init script, and change the path of your multiple version (use 1script per server^^) :

MURMURPATH=/etc/murmur2
MURMURBIN=murmur2.x86
MURMURINI=murmur.ini
case "$1" in
start)
   if [ -x $MURMURPATH/$MURMURBIN ] ; then
     echo "Starting script murmur"
     $MURMURPATH/$MURMURBIN -ini $MURMURPATH/$MURMURINI
   else
     echo "$MURMURBIN not installed"
   fi
   ;;
stop)
   echo "Stopping script murmur"
   pkill $MURMURBIN 2>/dev/null
   ;;
restart)
   echo "Restarting script murmur"
   pkill $MURMURBIN 2>/dev/null
   sleep 1
   if [ -x $MURMURPATH/$MURMURBIN ] ; then
       echo "Loading murmur..."
       $MURMURPATH/$MURMURBIN -ini $MURMURPATH/$MURMURINI
   else
       echo "$MURMURBIN not installed"
   fi
   ;;
*)
   echo "Usage: $0 {start|stop|restart}"
   exit 1
   ;;
esac
exit 0

it's a simple script... you can do better ^^

• 6 months later...

Or the preferred way: Start a new virtual server instance in your already runnning murmur process instance.

The preferred way is to use a web interface which connects via Ice to your server. You can then start new instances through the click of a button.

Which web interface works the best and is easy to install?

I tried to get Mumble-Django going, but during configuration got an error about the database being owned by root. I have no clue how to fix that... The Mumble-Django interface displayed, but wouldn't save changes.

I've been given the task of expanding an existing murmur server on an Ubuntu 10.04 server to multiple instances. Problem is, I'm not a linux expert. I know just enough command line to get by.

Thanks.