This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Voice disabling if player havent enter the game

limpeexsuper

Hello, I have a server related wtih mumble i love mumble so much because its useful and better. Im playing minecraft and when player joins the mumble we can all hear the voices of the players who havent linked their Minecraft. Is there any way to fix it?

• Administrators

Not without modifying the Mumble source code.

A less invasive change would be to change how the plugin works. It could then for instance be made such that there is a separate (password-protected) channel on the server and every time the plugin links to the game, it will move the user into that channel and if the link is lost, the user is moved back out again. That way, you would only ever hear folks that are also linked or are also not linked, because you would never be in the same channel with users with a different link status.

Thanks to the new plugin framework (since Mumble 1.4) this should be somewhat easily doable, but as I said: It would require changes on the plugin's side.

On 5/6/2022 at 8:51 PM, Krzmbrzl said:

Not without modifying the Mumble source code.

A less invasive change would be to change how the plugin works. It could then for instance be made such that there is a separate (password-protected) channel on the server and every time the plugin links to the game, it will move the user into that channel and if the link is lost, the user is moved back out again. That way, you would only ever hear folks that are also linked or are also not linked, because you would never be in the same channel with users with a different link status.

Thanks to the new plugin framework (since Mumble 1.4) this should be somewhat easily doable, but as I said: It would require changes on the plugin's side.

Can u help me? I can pay but i need to do this please, i can do anything. How can i reach you because i dont know c++ to do this please help me i assume ur the owner of mumble.

• Administrators
On 5/10/2022 at 7:51 AM, limpeexsuper said:

i assume ur the owner of mumble.

There is no "owner" of Mumble. But I am one of the current main developers, yes.

As I wrote on GitHub as well: I might do it for fun, if I have some time and motivation left over, but since I am generally rather busy atm, I wouldn't get my hopes up too high. However, on GitHub you wrote that you are familiar with Java. In that case, it shouldn't be too hard to learn some C++ basics and then use that to create the plugin yourself 🙂