This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Audio Output Volume Changing by Itself

brothersquirrel

Hi,

I appreciate the sound quality and ease of use of this program. However I just can't seem to figure this out or find anything about it in any searches.

I set the audio output volume to a percentage of my choosing, click apply, then ok. As soon as I click on another window, be it a game or the internet, mumble raises the volume on its own. I have run it as administrator and user. I turned off all plugins. No matter what I do, the output volume slider will not stay where I put it.

I am using Mumble 1.2.3 and Windows 7 x64.

I have found a workaround using windows's program specific volume control, but am still bothered by the fact that this shouldn't be happening.

• Administrators

The sound of other applications is lowered when someone talks?

That’s attenuation and can be disabled in the settings, Mumbles or systems.

Mumble gets louder when you tab to another program, while everything else stays the same?

That really should not happen.

Thank you for your reply kissaki. I am aware of the attenuation feature, which has its own problems on my computer working with windows media player, but otherwise functions as intended.

However, as originally stated, it is the Audio Output Volume slider that magically moves from 20% to 50% and eventually 70% all by itself as soon as I click on another window.

• Administrators

Do you use Skype by any chance? I heard Skype fucks with the systems audio levels/settings.

Other than that … no idea :)

Are you talking about the Mumble settings volume slider?

Or windows WASAPI, audio mixer levels, the mumble specific and/or general output sliders?