This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Mumble Overlay

jets1115

Hello,

Problem: Overlay not appearing in any application.

I've done so much searching on this topic, so i'll list what I have done already. I'm really stumped.

Computer Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i3, 3.20GHz 550

Memory: 16GB

Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 6570M/5700 Series

As far as i've read so far, The overlay does not work with the current version of mumble when using an application with DX11. I've tried running WoW, for instance, in both 32bit and 64bit, with DX9 and DX11 for both with no overlay appearing. I've also read that you have to start mumble first, before the overlay target application, which i've done. I've also ran both as admin.

I've tried using the blacklist with no applications present, and the whitelist with wow.exe, wow-64.exe, and the launcher application whitelisted. Same result.

The most recent thing i've tried was creating an overlay toggle shortcut within mumble, still does not appear.. =(

I use fraps every now and again, and have no problem getting the FPS counter overlay of fraps to show

Any suggestions are appreciated, i'd really like to use this feature of mumble.

Thanks,

-Jets1115