This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Hyper links in windows 8

dazoed

Links in the chat don't work in windows 8 if you use a different default browser. I've banged my head against the keyboard for about an hour and a half trying to track down why. I use process monitor to watch as mumble accessed the registry. Looks like it loads "ieframe.dll" and it is refusing to load chrome. Not sure if it happens with other browsers also ie: firefox, opera, etc.

I'm guessing QT is using ieframe.dll for the chat view or something. So this should probably be submitted to the QT team as well. The only QT app I run is mumble so I have no way to verify that it is in fact QT.

• Administrators

I don't think any of us has a windows 8 installation yet. As I'm not planning on updating anytime soon I guess I'll have to setup a VM.

Qt being the issue sounds plausible. Afaik we don't do anything funny with those urls.