This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Mumble overlay not functioning with World of Warcraft 5.04

lgweaver

• Administrators

It’s effort.

There is a working code-base which needs the direct3d sdk samples code though, because MS moved the effects library, which the overlay uses, which was in Direct3D in DX9 out of the core library.

And as it is in the sample code, which is covered by the DX SDK license … it’s not in Mumbles official source codebase yet.

The overlay only works on 32-bit DX9. If you are using the 64-bit version of WoW, or have the API set to DX11, it won't work. Personally, the patch reset my settings to 64-bit (in the launcher) and DX11 (in the in-game config), check both of them.

Thank you for telling me how to cripple WoW to get Mumble to work. Guess I'll just have to have to wait for Mumble to get the overlay working with modern systems. I'm not willing to loose the performance increases that dx11 and 64bit have made to WoW.

It’s effort.

There is a working code-base which needs the direct3d sdk samples code though, because MS moved the effects library, which the overlay uses, which was in Direct3D in DX9 out of the core library.

And as it is in the sample code, which is covered by the DX SDK license … it’s not in Mumbles official source codebase yet.

is there a beta of this working code base?