This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Applications playing sound through mumble

mallek0

I am having an issue where applications like a browser or music player like winamp will cause play through mumble when I activate my PTT key.

I have messed with all the settings in mumble along with my sound options in the control panel but I have had no luck.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

You mean your sound output is sent as voice/audio over Mumble?

Make sure the device you selected as input does not include sound output channels.

You probably selected microphone.

On Windows 7, right-click audio symbol -> Recording devices - your microphone should probably be the default (communication) device here.

I can’t see it on WIn7 right now, but on WinXP you were able to select several channels (output as well) as input channels - XP had a different audio system in place.

It could also be your headsets cables are not properly isolated, causing interference between in- and ouput, resulting in the output swapping over to the input cable.