This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Mumble Overlay does not work with Guild Wars 2

khroto

Is it possible, if not already being worked on, to add overlay support to Guild Wars 2? GW2 supports both D3D9 and D3D10. However in the current snapshot it only has a plugin that supports Guild Wars. There is a workaround to get the overlay to work with GW2 but I dont like the approach for it. The following paste is from a user named Ngollan:

"The workaround involves circumventing the launcher, so the next suspicion would be that the overlay hooks break on the transition between that ( the launcher ) and the actual game."

Thanks for any and all help related to this and if you have any suggestions, I'm all ears.

Keep up the great work on this program, if not for Mumble I would probably be using that program or those programs whose name shall not be spoken, lol.

• Administrators

Yes, that’s a known issue.

GW2 destroys the Direct3D device it first creates in the launcher, creating a new one for the game.

It’s not being worked on as far as I know.

Maybe I’ll get to it some time/soon …

There are no “plugins” for the overlay though. The overlay hooking is not dependant on games, but on graphics APIs (OpenGL, D3D 9/9ex/10/11).

• 4 months later...

ArenaNet broke the workaround (bypassing the launcher). Now the in-game trading post won't work if you do this.

Has any progress been made on Mumble's end, or is there any chance of getting a Mumble app worked into Overwolf like TS3 has done? My guild is asking me to make the switch already, but I'm holding out as long as I can.