Mumble forums

Reference of mumble server architecture?

nah4891

Hi.

I need reference paper of mumble server architecture. I have one reference paper ("Mumble protocol 1.2.X reference (WIP)). But I want to get enhanced document of mumble sever. Can I get a updated reference document?

Additionally, Can I get sources of mumble server Windows version?

Thanks.

Hi.

I need reference paper of mumble server architecture. I have one reference paper ("Mumble protocol 1.2.X reference (WIP)). But I want to get enhanced document of mumble sever. Can I get a updated reference document?

Additionally, Can I get sources of mumble server Windows version?

There's a link on the home page that says "Download source code". Have you tried that one?

The Murmur sources is in 'src/murmur/'

Regarding the "reference paper of mumble server architecture" I believe it's up to you to create that one after you have digested the sources.

GLHF! :)

• Administrators

Yup, as fatbob pointed out the source code is freely available.

Alternatively to the source code as a file download you can check out the git repository on sourceforge (webview of murmur folder) or github (webview of /src/murmur).

The server component is named “Murmur” in case you did not know yet.

The server specific code is in/src/murmur.

There is no server architecture documentation, and the protocol documentation is only about the communication protocol.

As a start: The server does not have much logic, it merely redirects packages. It is kept small and efficient to keep resource-usage and latency very low.