This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Mumble lowers Counter Strike Source's volume

keijoo

Well, I've tested other games with mumble like cs 1.6 but it doesn't lower 1.6 volume. It's pretty annoying when I have to put my main volume to max to hear some in css. I've tried to put off "other applications" setting and to 100% but seems it only affects the volume when someone speaks, not in-game volume when none is speaking. I didn't have this problem before installing mumble so I'm quite sure mumble causes that problem.

• Administrators

The only setting lowering other apps volumes when speaking is the settings -> audio output -> "Attenuate applications by..." (which was named sth with other apps before I think, which you probably meant)

There's no other such setting.

Sorry about that post. Problem was when I had put by mistake my counter strike volume near to min (some sort of windows 7 feature :p). Just thought it could be mumble because when installed it the problem came :)