This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

1.2.4 beta Murmur Server for Mac available?

trouchia1

murmur-static_x86-1.2.4-beta1-33-ge9ce44a.tar.bz2 ?

I'm not familiar with Linux so I'm kind of confused by the files extracted from the above file.

Most of them look like text configuration files (murmur.ini, murmur.pl, & Murmur.ice), while there is also murmur.x86, I can't seem to execute/open it (I think this is strictly Linux?). I also can't compile it as there's no information/files for "./configure;make && make install"

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

We have recent Murmur builds for OS X available:

http://mumble.info/snapshot/Murmur-Static-1.2.4-rc1.xip

We aren't bundling Murmur in the Mumble.app bundle anymore - it's a separate download.

Unfortunately the builds aren't well advertised on the front page. Please try it out and report any issues you find.

If the XIP format is an issue for you, please tell us. We'll provide a tarball or something alongside it.

Mikkel

• 2 weeks later...
We have recent Murmur builds for OS X available:

http://mumble.info/snapshot/Murmur-Static-1.2.4-rc1.xip

Thank you for this, and for now posting the releases on the front page! I have got it running but being more a Windows man (It is running on my macmini media server) i don't seem to be able to run it silently, as it always opens a Terminal window on launch, is there an easy way round this?

One other thing, is there plans to bundle it as it's own Murmur.app at some point (1.2.4 final maybe?) with the settings/sqllite files stored elsewhere? The current upgrade process from snapshot to snapshot is a little clunky compared to the Windows server.