This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Mumble distorting a friend's Windows7 desktop

datadas

Whenever my friend "fenmaiden" starts mumble, be it the only program running or one of several, her Windows7 desktop becomes distorted. The resolution changes to a much lower resolution. Also, her desktop shrinks to only occupy part of her monitor and not the entire thing. We have tried multiple ways of fixing this problem including running as administrator, closing out other programs, restarting mumble, restarting her connection etc. Nothing seems to work. Is there anyone, possibly some sort of developer, that knows how to resolve this issue?

I haven't heard of this issue before but the only thing I could image messing with the screen resolution would be the Mumble overlay causing problems with the graphics drivers. I would recommend you try to disable the overlay. Go to "Configure" -> "Settings" -> "Overlay" and uncheck "Enable Overlay".

If that does not help you can try to update your graphics drivers, audio drivers and DirectX. If the problem still persists you could try to reinstall Mumble or install the latest development snapshot.

I'm out of ideas here for now but maybe one of the developers can give further advice.

Good luck and I hope you get it sorted out!

• Administrators

The overlay only injects into Direct3D and OpenGL (rendering engines). So without such an application running it is very unlikely that the Overlay is causing this.

Furthermore, Mumble itself does not change and desktop resolution or window positioning (other than its own) - so I doubt it’s caused by Mumble.