This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Mumble 1.2.3 on OS X 10.6

rr_graphixguy

Something goofy is going on with my installation of Mumble 1.2.3. After starting it and connecting to a server, I only get about 30 seconds to a couple of minutes of use out of it before I lose connectivity. Once that happens, I have absolutely no (wireless) network connectivity whatsoever... No web pages load, etc. The only thing that seems to clear it up is to restart my computer. As long as I stay out of Mumble, computer/wireless/Internet works fine.

Mumble works fine on a Win 7 machine I have as well as a Linux (Ubuntu 10.04) machine. Initially I was thinking a router issue, but these two machines seem to be running just fine through the same router.

Any ideas? Could there be an incompatibility issue that has crept in? Perhaps an Apple update that broke something?

Thanks,

• Administrators

I strongly recommend you try 1.2.4 instead. It should be more stable:

http://mumble.info/snapshot/Mumble-1.2.4-rc1.dmg

Regarding your actual problem, it seems weird that stuff like that should happen.

I can recommend you try some of the following things, and see whether they improve the situation:

- Try to disable Quality of Service in Mumble's network preferences

- To troubleshoot, try also to enable the 'Force TCP Mode' option

- Perhaps try to limit the amount of packets Mumble is sending by adjusting the audio per packet setting

Any any case, if you're still having problems, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Mikkel