Official Mumble VoIP Forums

client CPU usage while idle

Mumble about Mumble
Hi,

I have a client connected to my local server (other machine). I'm alone on the server, deaf and muted, with no microphone plugged. Debian Linux package version 1.2.8~7~g76f6870-2+b1.

The current CPU usage on my client machine is 2 process * 3% each, AMD 64, 2300 MHz. This seems a lot to me for idling... What is the reason for that? Is there an audio signal processed despite I'm death and muted?
The Mumble client continuously catches audio input so that when you unmute and start talking again, it can make out noise again (voice activation and/or noise suppression).
kissaki wrote:
The Mumble client continuously catches audio input so that when you unmute and start talking again, it can make out noise again (voice activation and/or noise suppression).

Also note that if you're on a platform/machine where this is unacceptable for one reason or another, there are unofficial patches out there that add a "true idle" to the audio processor. It's completely unsupported, your mileage may vary, etc etc, but it's out there.
Ok, thanks for your replies.