Running Mumble on a web server?

Mumble about Mumble

Running Mumble on a web server?

Postby TheDrunk » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:54 am

I am wondering if there is a way to run mumbles on a web server? I have mine which is unlimited bandwith and up to 200Gigs of upload download a month.

So is there a way to run a private mumbles server on ym website? I know about web interfaces, yet forgive my noobness but I dont knwo if running it with a webinterface, is the same as a mumble server?

So if there is a step by step guide how to do it could some one please help me locating the thread, I have searvhed yet I am not a programmer, and not a good web developer. I understand script and how to modify programs, yet I am trying to run mumbles form my web server ( NOT WEB SITE, TWO DIFFERENT FOLDERS) any info or if I need to explain things better let me know thanks

The Drunk
TheDrunk

Re: Running Mumble on a web server?

Postby kissaki » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:17 pm

Websites are always hosted on a server. What you can do with that server entirely depends on the artificial limitations that are put in place.
Webspace for websites typically only allows managing files. Not executing arbitrary/uploaded executables, which you would want to do.
As we don’t know how you host your websites, we can’t give you a definite answer though.
MumPI: Your Mumble Web Interface in PHP
kissaki
Team member
Team member

Return to General