Mumble crashes Guild Wars 2 launcher

It crashed, it is bugged, ...

Mumble crashes Guild Wars 2 launcher

Postby lordfreezeflame » Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:27 pm

Whenever I have Mumble and the Guild Wars 2 launcher open at the same time, the GW2 launcher instantly crashes, giving me the error "Exception: c0000005" which I have since discovered that this is an out of memory error, which is odd because even with both running I still have 3 gigs of memory left. If I open the actual game (going past the launcher) it works fine with Mumble, but this prevents me from using Mumble's overlay, which is a big issue. I have this issue on both the Windows stable version and snapshot version.

I've tried various things that GW2 support recommended, such as repairing the installer or doing a clean boot, but none of them worked. If you guys have any ideas i'd greatly appreciate it.
lordfreezeflame

Re: Mumble crashes Guild Wars 2 launcher

Postby kissaki » Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:51 am

How can you launch the game past the launcher if the launcher instantly crashes?

Which version of Mumble are you using?
It works for me, on 1.3.0 snapshots.
MumPI: Your Mumble Web Interface in PHP
kissaki
Team member
Team member

Re: Mumble crashes Guild Wars 2 launcher

Postby lordfreezeflame » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:29 am

I tried it on both 1.3.0 snapshot and 1.2.15, neither fixed the issue.

I suspect that the issue is on Guild Wars' end, but I thought it couldn't hurt to ask around here to see if anyone had any ideas.

Although, since I made that post the error has changed into a different one, saying that it is unable to initialize 3d output and asking me to verify if I have Directx 9 installed (I have Directx 11), so i'm planning on looking into that. If you have any ideas, i'd be happy to hear them.
lordfreezeflame

Return to Technical