Mute other users on Whisper

How to do...

Mute other users on Whisper

Postby neojames » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:16 am

I've been wondering if there is a way to mute other users while I whisper? I can set it up so when other people whisper to me it reduces the volume of other speakers, but not when I whisper to them. This can get a bit annoying as I struggle to talk over people!

Thank you!
neojames

Re: Mute other users on Whisper

Postby fwaggle » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:25 pm

You can set Mumble to attenuate other users while you talk, but I don't know if it works while whispering (I think it does) and I'm almost certain it doesn't discriminate between whispering and talking.
Full disclosure: I used to run a commercial Mumble host, and my opinions do not reflect the opinions of the Mumble project.
fwaggle
Team member
Team member

Postby neojames » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:43 pm

fwaggle wrote:You can set Mumble to attenuate other users while you talk, but I don't know if it works while whispering (I think it does) and I'm almost certain it doesn't discriminate between whispering and talking.

Thank you very much! How would I go about setting this up? I'm afraid I don't have a PC with Mumble with me right now but seeing as I've been looking for an option like that I doubt it would help me much even if I did :p

Thank you!
neojames

Postby fwaggle » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:22 am

Wait, it seems I was mistaken... that's a priority speaker feature. :(

That may do what you want, but it may also annoy other people on your server and it's not very scalable.

You can also duck applications while you/other people talk, which is where I got confused. Sorry :(
Full disclosure: I used to run a commercial Mumble host, and my opinions do not reflect the opinions of the Mumble project.
fwaggle
Team member
Team member

Return to Usage