Official Mumble VoIP Forums

How to set mumble to use your default sound device

How to do...
Is there a way to set your sound to come from your default device instead of your default communications device? Thanks.
As mumble is a communication application it uses the default communication device by default. You can however configure mumble to use a fixed audio device of your choice instead. This can be done from the Configuration when the "Advanced" checkbox is checked.
Mumble doesn't seem to respect the explicit Audio Output Device?

At least, on my two computers (Win 10), I can't force a specific output device. It just always goes to the system default regardless of settings in Mumble.
Is it possible for users to change mumble to a regular application instead of a communication application?
XKfTDW3eGL5NJ72dMavc wrote:
Mumble doesn't seem to respect the explicit Audio Output Device?

At least, on my two computers (Win 10), I can't force a specific output device. It just always goes to the system default regardless of settings in Mumble.

This issue seems to pop up a lot.

Mumble doesn't respect the chosen output device for Text-to-Speech: we simply use Microsoft's Text-to-Speech API, and whatever default output device it uses.

I've filed this issue for the problem:
https://github.com/mumble-voip/mumble/issues/3116
Is it possible for users to change mumble to a regular application instead of a communication application?

Hmm, not at the moment. But it's something we could implement...
How do I implement this on my application of mumble?
You can download a 1.3.0 development snapshot from our website mumble.info, which is regularly updated with our in-development next-version code base.

From the linked changes this setting (wasapi/role) is not available in Mumbles gui, but you can set it in the registry where the settings are stored.
Um sort of confused, how do i modify my registry?