Official Mumble VoIP Forums

Murmur SSL Handshake failed

It crashed, it is bugged, ...
Hi there,

after i updated my server Murmur suddenly started to close connections to the clients. Happens every full minute so mumble is completly unusable at the moment.

Mumble Server and Client are the latest version 1.3
Operating System: Arch Linux for Server Windows 10 1903 for all clients.
Network connection is absolutly stable not packet loss or anything.
Server is hosted at contabo.de has 8 Gigs of ram,4 Cores and 200gb of SSD Storage assigned (vps)

Tried reinstalling with different operating systems (FreeBSD 12.0, Ubuntu 19.04, Fedora 30)

All of them produce the same error:

<22:SuperUser(0)> Connection closed: Error while reading: error:140E0197:SSL routines:SSL_shutdown:shutdown while in init [20]

Any ideas why this happens?
You say closes connection, but from the log message I see it fails to establish a connection. So people are unable to connect now?

Did you change some of the ssl configuration of the server?
https://wiki.mumble.info/wiki/Murmur.ini#sslCiphers
They can connect but get kicked after a minute. Within this minute voicechat and everything works fine. But the constant reconnects are a bit annoying

oh and no i did not touch anything from ssl

i installed the os then murmur/mumble-server set the super user password and started it. Like i always did before (been using mumble for quite a while)

As i said it worked fine before. Then it didn't. Don't know why
Does this happen for some people, or all people?

If some, what versions are they connecting with?
it happens to everybody who connects

they all have the latest client installed at least they say so
Is everybody on the same platform? E.g Windows.
i use linux at home (Arch with KDE) everybody else runs windows 10 1903
I'm going to assume it is a server issue. How long have you had this server? Maybe the cert has expired?
I reinstalled severalt times so it was always new certificates from murmur.

But the problem disappeared out of the sudden. I suppose my hosting provider had issues in some way.
Glad to hear it somehow fixed.