Official Mumble VoIP Forums

how to configure murmur server and define audio device used?

How to do...
I would like to define which audio device feeds the server on a raspi, plenty of searching but I can't find what I am after.

On the client side mumble appears on the mixer, but I cant find it in alsa mixer on the pi, from what I have read I think it appears to use the default device only? On the windows client side its no problem, the devices are selected in the config menu and there are not 3 identical sound devices.

I have 3 cm108 style usb audio devices in the pi connected to 3 different radios, 2 feed other applications, the only way to identify them so each programs get the correct sound device is the order the system finds them thus, they have a sequential individual power up one after the other and they are defined in program config files as below,

Dire wolf AUDIO_DEV=alsa:plughw:0,0
Svxlink ADEVICE plughw:1,0

Can I configure Murmur to use plughw:2,0 some how? Maybe modify the code an recompile or force plughw:2,0 to be the default?

I would be grateful if I could be directed to an answer on line somewhere or any suggestion how to solve this?
The Mumble server Murmur does not do any audio processing. Hence, it does not use the systems audio backend.

It receives audio data via network packets, and re-routes them to adequate targets.

So no audio backend device is selectable or even used.