Official Mumble VoIP Forums

Group management?

Mumble about Mumble
Hello,

I was thinking about switching from TeamSpeak 3 to Mumble. But I am unable to find a "group management" feature like in TeamSpeak. The ACL is great, but is it possible to say "a user with the group Moderator can kick everyone beneath him (like a normal user) but can't kick an Admin or an Moderator"?

Is something like this possible? :(

Regards,

Furentes
The ACL are evaluated on the channel level, so no, I think this is not possible like that.

Looking at it on a more conceptual level, why would a moderator that we trust to kick users appropriately not be allowed to kick moderators? Surely he will not do so without good reason or where allowed. Is there actually a need to prevent Moderators from kicking other moderators? If we do not trust them this much, aren’t they in an inappropriate position in the first place?
kissaki wrote:
09 Nov 2019, 18:20
The ACL are evaluated on the channel level, so no, I think this is not possible like that.
Thank you for the quick response! Sad that Mumble is not suitable for my specific use case, but I am sure I will find one someday. :D
It is hard to find a group management solution like the one in TeamSpeak 3. Maby Discord... :? rather not.

kissaki wrote:
09 Nov 2019, 18:20
If we do not trust them this much, aren’t they in an inappropriate position in the first place?
I completely agree with you, but as some people say "Trust is good, control is better".